Visiting, Counsel

To be visited is to regain, to continue from

the last contact, last seen, the last everything.

To be visited is to be assured that we are in mind

appreciated and that we are of significance.

To visit is to re-known

and be relieved. Relieved that life hasn't pass

too far out, too far away.

To be visited or revisited is to see from a new

perspective, a new time.

To visit is to fill the gap of the time lost and

had gone away.

It is also golden, often a surprise, and visiting

can come as a request.

Request to talk, to see you again

"Hello! long time, no see."

To reconnect and most definitely, to know that

you and I are doing just fine.

To visit sometimes is a request to help, heal or

be healed.


And mine was a request.


Counseling seems like a simple way of getting by in life circumstances and experiences; at least, that was what I thought till now as I reflect on myself. I most often go into counseling for educational purposes, relations, whether family or couple relations and for other personal reasons or afflictions that stress us back in life. And like many people, I believe, I also feel the need to hide a part and show what I believe wouldn't bring enormous judgments.

And that's being a hypocrite, as I realized that to heal is, to be honest with oneself in the best ways and to be honest with the healer (counselor).

Going for counseling once in a while can reset or give a new perspective on well-being or whatsoever you went in for. I have always visited the counselor, although not on regular basis, and though after much talks, advice, and all that; I would feel relieved afterward, but then immediately revert back to whether the anxiety I tried to eliminate or the procrastination that I went to counsel for.

The secret like all other life achievements is persistence, being persistent and adamant about what one needs to progress in all aspects of life; in this case, I want to heal and in fact, it is a must.

And so I paid a visit to a counselor to get a better and more stable healing, a better understanding of myself, and most definitely, to fill in the gap that was definitely lost.


And persistence or consistency, as they say, is the key.

Comments

Popular Posts