The Concept of Individuality and Learning

So I was writing my exam the other day and I came across a question that asked about how best we can learn.
Individuality is a big concept that is less approved in today's time as it is less likely to acquire or give out the substantial amount of results that diversity of collectivism would bring about. But this is not to say that individuality does not foster learning or cannot be used as a tool.

Besides the fact that we do recognize and learn more about ourselves through diversity, fostering connectedness is the key and "tolerant" is not the word "accepting" someone regardless of who or whom they choose to be or identify with.

So I was writing my exam and juxtaposing what my answer could be, Individuality, or the social support that fosters learning.


My Answer: Social Support that fosters Learning.

I thought of a baby infant and a mother. I mean during the early stages of a baby's life, you have the mother as her main social support in regards to nutrition, mobility, protection, and the like. And this form of social support span through infancy and into adulthood or till the child could account for his or her life.
The baby as an individual would foster a learning experience towards the mother, everything else that is happening to the baby is development, individual biological, and natural development, which is normal for everyone.
There is a concept of generalism that enhances collectedness, promotes publicity, diversity, bringing the private into the public domain bringing out the innovative side of a private individual. As the public calls and outcry of more social grow, so does the awareness that should focus on the individual as a decent part of society decrease. What I am saying here is that the focus on the public sphere of private citizens feels more like an intrusion that helps to foster growth, mental development, and the physique of this individual.

This problem I think has deep roots in CAPITALISM. Many people want to reach the top, the glass ceiling and it has currency, money value, paper, coins. People capitalized on ideas that would bring the most into their savings and cheques, and few are able to achieve these goals.
The rich, the influential, the second and third generation that work from the grassroots to develop new ideas. And as must be noted, the level of the achievement earned is well deserved by many that could add a little more than extra into their pockets.

But let us not forget that if someone in the third dimension of a country read Adam's Smith The Wealth of a Nation, they might or could endure and even pull into the ideas that Adam Smith mention. The money-making ways, the quick measurements, the exponents, and all. And another person would read this book in a way that explains the psych, mental capability, that bring about these new ideas that turn into currencies as the main CAPITAL.
Yes, the capital is the money, but what do you call the brain that generates and gather it into a whole. What do you call the artificial engine such as a computer, and what would you the natural maze of the brain.
The Brain that writes fiction like that of Harry Porter, my books The Aisle and The Incantation, and others like the Gold Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Maze Runner, and as well as many others. In this case, the functioning brain, no matter what level produce the books. So the value of the brain itself is capital and should be considered as one. This capital must be taken care of, must be acknowledged, and should be exercised in a way that it benefits.
And the books as products that give capital in a paper, currency value

My Point: As the world continues on as a collective and supportive environment, let us not use tools such as the mass media, internet to devalue the individual. I am sure that many out there still prefer a private life as they walk around in the public sphere- to the introverts- as I know that I am and was one for the longest period of time. I was to pass out that the public sphere, the media, and its alluring calls of wants, needs, success, money, and popularity should not debar the essence and the value of a person as an individual and an individual first. The individual that wants to exist on a platform that wouldn't break their individuality to the point that they becoming a part of the media world, and frenzy becomes a necessity.

As we might have found out that social media does change how an individual sees or perceive themselves, it changes thoughts on a personal level as well as, external level. It made us question our values and morals. It can come like peer pressure, media pressure to be present in the public domain.

It took me several years to get or even own a phone, my first working one was the HTC, and I had got this when I started university, 2013,  and it would take me more years to join Youtube and start developing some content that I wish to share. And because I was more local than I would have thought, I imagine that I would not need to be present on the internet because well 'I don't need it." But I do need it to maintain some social connections, to call my groups for assignments, although, Facebook works perfectly fine for group assignments- I would have just needed something like an iPod to update me on group discussions and all. In this way, I could communicate with the people I met orally, and you know how oral communication is so much well appreciated.

Talking about appreciation, Youtube is a medium that fosters oral communications through screens production: and so you have it, a Televised Oral Communication Platform. And through, this generates a substantial income, self-awareness and as you watch these videos every now and then, you come to realize your own thought, your own being away from the creator that you are watching.

See the screen that separates you from the person you are watching takes away some presence that you may have felt were you in the same room as the person. Watching many of the screens might later feel as if flipping through a book, listening to an audiobook, do you notice how many pages of the book you might have flipped through, or if you are to pick a book up to read?

Recently, it occurred to me, and when I contrast how many books I read in a year compared to how many youtube videos I have watched. I realize, that the screens produced at a later date seem more like a talking notebook

This example alone illustrates how an individual can foster learning through eliminations of what fosters sociality like the screen in front of you.
And so that is how an individual can still learn as an individual without the social support of a group, or electronic devices, and still get as many results as that of social support view.

Comments

Popular Posts